Asparagus plants require one year to establish then produce a light harvest in the 2nd year, a larger harvest in the 3rd year, and a full harvest thereafter.
- Space your plants 12" - 14" apart unless otherwise specified
- There should be 3 feet between rows
- Furrows should be 8" - 10" deep
- 8" furrows are recommended for heavier clay-like soils
- A well-drained site is recommended
- More frequent watering may be required for lighter soils
- It is very important to maintain moisture during the 1st year (establishment year).
- Before planting add 5lbs. of 10-10-10 per 100 sq. ft
- In August of the 1st year (establishment year), add 1lb. of 10-10-10 per sq.ft. and work into the top 2" of soil.
- In the following years, use 2lbs. of 10-10-10 per 100 sq.ft. in early spring and following your harvest.
- To maintain proper soil levels, add lime, bone meal, and super phosphate.
- It is very important to maintain a Ph level of 7.0 - 7.2 in the soil.
Jersey Knight Asparagus
- An all male variety
- Extremely vigorous with large succulent spears
- Does best in zones 3 - 8
- Good Flavor
- Excellent freezing quality